- Antoine Griezmann scored the winner in Atletico Madrid’s 1-0 victory over Deportivo
- Atletico Madrid edged out Deportivo with a 1-0 victory and Valencia came from behind to beat Leganes 2-1 in La Liga on Sunday.
- Antoine Griezmann scored his fifth goal of the season as Atletico Madrid saw off 10-man Deportivo La Coruna to move third in La Liga.
- Deportivo had Morocco midfielder Faycal Fajr sent off just before half-time following two quick bookings.
- France striker, Antoine Griezmann tapped home after good approach play from Kevin Gameiro with 20 minutes left, which was enough to see Diego Simeone’s side close to within a point of Barcelona and two behind leaders Real Madrid.
- Villarreal moved up to fourth place in La Liga with a 3-1 win over Osasuna at El Madrigal as the team continues to flourish under Fran Escriba. The Yellow Submarines are one of only three teams in the league still unbeaten after six matches and stormed out of the blocks with three first-half goals. Alexandre Pato headed the first, Bruno Soriano scored the second from the penalty spot and a sublime chip from Nicola Sansone killed off the visitors, who pulled one back through Roberto Torres’ penalty on the stroke of half-time.